Monday, September 17, 2012

The Nostalgia: things I soaked up along my life until now.


I am from the tales of tigers who smoked,
Where the Wise Spirits of Mountains often meditated,
I am from the square, dusty table covered with my babyhood
when I was happy just by poking holes into,
I am also from the red chili plant that I use to grow, 
watering it as if my thirst would disappear whenever I watered it.

I am from the tiger shaped peninsula,
Where everyone stored their bright red Kimchi into the ground, 
placing lucky charms around to get rid of evil spirits, who, 
were believed to be bringing harms as an entertainment
I am from the coastline crowded with civilization,
 with a hint of morning energy and early laughs, 
behind where the sun was rising, acting shy and reddened.

I am from Doenjang, brownish, 
looking far from attractive,
Flavored with the life wisdoms of my grandma, 
and the smiles of family.
I am from Kimbab, 
who loved to follow me,
 whenever I was going away for a trip.

Inside the shelf enriched by the scent of sea, 
memories that embrace the past, 
which I will never be capable of letting go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment