Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Victory by Sonia Weitz



Victory by Sonia Weitz provided me a terrific sensation to me. The plot of the poem reflected her genuine memory, where she danced with her father in the execution camp just before his soul would leave his lifeless body in the gas chamber. To me, the inner meaning of this poem was silent rebel against the sorrowful fate and the Nazis. Instead of fearing, he gladly enjoyed his last moment of his life with peace and happiness, which was a quiet denial to the reality, where he was forced to be devastated until his life would end. In the poem, Sonia states that there are no tools to measure love and only the fools would fail to scale your victory. After reading this expression, I had one question that filled up my mind: Is the 'love' related to the 'victory'? If it is, how are they related?

No comments:

Post a Comment